In honour of the Canary Wharf quiz night (fully booked) we picked a random east London subject and decided to do a quiz on it, because why not?
Do you know your cat cafes, pay-as-you-go cafes and edgy, controversially named cafe? Can you spot the real hipster hotspots from the fake?
Take our quiz, or see the full list below (no cheating quiz-takers):
1. Lady Dinah’s Cat Emporium - Book yourself in for a cup of tea and the chance to stroke one of the number of felines that call this place home. (REAL)
2. Slap and Tickle - this Dalston pop up offers people the chance to pay for their drinks by either getting slapped or offering a tickle. (TOTALLY MADE UP)
3. Ziferblat - Pay for the time you are in the cafe rather than what you have. (REAL)
4. Blobfish cafe - come along and learn about blobfish while staring at their rather cute but ugly faces. (REAL)
5. Dysanfiltry - Drink water direct from the River Thames, but filtered twice through a Brita filter jug. (TOTALLY MADE UP)
6. Strut and Cluck - A restaurant centred all around the humble turkey. Gobble up. (REAL)
7. Cereal Killer Cafe - A cafe that only sells cereal. (REAL)
8. F*ckoffee - A cafe that invites you to “come happy, leave edgy”. (REAL)
9. Trotters - Dine exactly like pigs do. Eat from a trough, have a roll around in some mud, then drink from a a puddle beside your sty-style table. (TOTALLY MADE UP)