Big Easy Bar.B.Q and Lobstershack has announced its official opening date in Canary Wharf . Finally.
The venue is opening a little later than originally planned on Wednesday, November 4, at 7am.
It was initially slated to open in late summer (with signs at Crossrail Place printed to advertise it as such) before that was extended to the end of October.
The Crossrail Place venue, which will be largest Big Easy to date, will feature the following:
- It will have a 400-cover restaurant with a 150-cover outdoor terrace.
- It will serve an all-American breakfast menu from 7am, provide afternoon tea with European and American cakes, weekend brunch and take away options.
- Pit Master supremo Jared Male (ex Hill Country BBQ), will be manning one of UK’s largest pit rooms, housing three enormous two tonne US built smokers.
- There will be an 18 metre wraparound bar split into The Main Whiskey And Beer Bar and The Rum Bar And Lounge Cocktail Bar. At the rum bar there will be 100 varieties of the spirit - with casks of it on tap. At the whiskey bar more than 500 bottles of whiskies and bourbons will be on display.
- The bar area will also feature the most expensive cocktail shaking machine in the world. It is one of only 10 out there, created from an original 19th century etching.
- Within a 26-seater private room (with access to its own private terrace) guests will get a hint of Captain Jack Sparrow, who preyed on the cargoes in the 17th and 18th centuries.