Corporate cyclists donned Lycra and helmets to battle it out at Royal Bank of Canada's V Series in Canary Wharf.
One of the sponsor's four teams - Royal Bikers of Canada - came out top.
Here are some key stats and best bits:
- 20 teams took part in the event
- Each tackled four laps of the 1km course
- There were starting points – on North and South Colonnade
- Winning time by Royal Bikers of Canada 6.35.026 minutes
- Top four Royal Bikers of Canada, Pure Sports Medicine, Clifford Chance, LCH Clearnet
- Two crashes happened on the night
- There was one red flag stopping the action in the 10th heat following an accident
- Isle of Dogs bike shop Giant was on hand to lower tyre pressures to offer more traction in the pouring rain
Some supporters did brave the conditions with brollies - Gill Ord cheered on brother, Andrew, in the Royal Bank of Canada Grizzlies and said: “He cycles on his commute into work but this is a big leap - he’s worked really hard. It’s a huge challenge to do something like this - I just hope he doesn’t fall off.”