Boxer David Haye has put another fight night in his diary. He returns to The O2, Greenwich, on May 21 to take on an opponent as yet unnamed.

After his 131 second demolition of Aussie Mark de Mori after a break of three years, the Bermondsey boxer is keen to press on with his quest to take a few world title belts.

His dream opponent – and the ones the fans want to see – is a clash with Anthony Joshua , with a multi-million-pound purse.

Read more Boxer George Groves lays it on the line for fourth title assault

But he knows he has to earn a place at the top table. So his next opponent needs to help him promote his credentials. Haye’s aim is to set up a world title fight in 2016.

He said: “I have my sights set on getting a world title as soon as possible. My next opponent will be world ranked, ideally someone who is tough. I don’t want someone who was knocked out a couple of fights ago.”

Anthony Joshua’s trajectory is more clear cut. He’s done enough to put him in contention for a world title fight so there’s little to be gained getting in a ring with Haye, unless the 35-year-old has a belt worth taking.

Reflecting on his return to pro boxing, Haye said: “After being out of the ring for so long it was incredible to be fighting in a capacity crowd at The O2 arena in front of my loyal fans. I’m thankful for all the support I’ve received so far.”

Three million viewers tuned into Dave to watch the win over De Mori at the Greenwich venue which saw a crowd of 16,000.

“I felt so cool and calm in there. I don’t believe any heavyweight in the planet could have taken those punches. Now is my time to prove they can’t.”