Everyone breathed a sigh of relief when it was announced the Tube strike had been called off.
But now it seems the ones planned for this week could be carried out in September instead after the Rail, Maritime and Transport union (RMT) set new walkout dates for Tuesday, September 8 and Thursday, September 10.
The RMT, Unite and the Transport Salaried Staffs Association were set to strike on Tuesday, August 25 for 24-hours and Thursday, August 27 for 24 hours over the proposals put forward for the Night Tube.
However, the RMT said it remained in dispute and will strike next month if there is an attempt to impose the new service.
RMT general secretary Mick Cash said: “Our negotiators have been able to make enough significant progress in talks at Acas over pay, jobs and night Tube to allow us to suspend this week’s strike dates.
“We have still not reached a final agreement and as a result we are putting on additional strike action next month. In the meantime, the talks process will continue.
“Our dispute is not with the working class of London and RMT is not opposed to night Tube providing it is introduced properly with safe and robust staffing arrangements which recognise the substantial extra pressures that this expansion will inevitably create.”
Unite said it made the decision to halt action as a “gesture of goodwill” to allow further talks to be held.
Driver’s union Aslef was not due to take part and it is not yet clear if they will take part in September’s action.