Transport for London has invited residents to discuss its Silvertown Tunnel proposal at a series of roadshow events.
It is hosting the sessions as it reaches the halfway point in its consultation on the scheme.
• Also online: Why Silvertown Tunnel is a disaster for east London
TfL’s Silvertown Tunnel proposal is for a twin-bore, dual carriageway road tunnel linking the A102 on Greenwich Peninsula to the Tidal Basin Roundabout in Royal Docks.
If the plans are successful a charge would be introduced to use the Blackwall and Silvertown Tunnels to help fund the scheme.
• Also online: Why Silvertown Tunnel is essential to east London
Tfl said the charge was necessary “to manage demand and ensure that the local road network can accommodate future traffic levels”.
Dates, times and locations for consultations at five locations are as follows:
1. Idea Store, Chrisp Street, At the Ground Floor Foyer, 1 Vesey Path, London, E14 6BT
- 10am – 4pm, Saturday, November 7
- 12pm – 7pm, Tuesday, November 17
2. Canary Wharf Shopping Centre, At the Canada Place crossroads, London, E14 5AB
- 11am – 5pm, Saturday, November 14
3. The Forum, Trafalgar Road, London, SE10 9EQ
- 12pm – 7pm, Tuesday, November 10
4. Canning Town Library, Barking Road, London, E16 4HQ
- 1pm – 7pm, Thursday, November 19
5. Charlton House Community Centre, Charlton Road, London, SE7 8RE
- 12pm – 7pm, Thursday, November 26
The deadline for comments is Sunday, November 29, 2015.