The line-up has been revealed for the inaugural TEDxCanaryWharf event on June 20 at Level39.
Among the speakers will be Simon Constantine, head of ethical buying and head perfumer at Lush; Paula Reid, adventurer and round-the-world yachtswoman, who will share the journey she has taken to complete 108 personal life goals; and advertising innovator Dave Trott who will be exploring the creative challenges and predatory behaviour shaping the advertising landscape.
TED – technology, entertainment, design – is non-profit US organisation driven by short, powerful talks containing “ideas worth spreading”. It began in 1984 but found a new audience via YouTube and other video platforms.
Lead organisers for TEDxCanaryWharf Karolina Rocka and Danielle Nanton said: “London is a melting pot of people and ideas, and nowhere is that more apparent than in Tower Hamlets – in the diversity of its inhabitants, in the rich history of the Docklands, and in the financial houses that make up the Canary Wharf skyline.
“Given this dynamic, we’ve chosen Emerging Cultures and Ideas as the theme of TEDxCanaryWharf, where we aim to spotlight the newest thinking in a variety of fields, from social enterprise, education and art to technology, retail and design.”
Further confirmed speakers include:
- Nicolas Cary, co-founder of Blockchain, which makes using Bitcoin safe, easy and secure.
- Carl Clement, founder of social robotics lab Emotion Robotics.
- Charlie Dark, cultural innovator and Run Dem Crew founder.
- Maggie de Pree, founder of The League of Intrapreneurs, a global movement for corporate change agents.
- Toby Farren, founder of PlayTank, innovation workflow that allows anyone to contribute to the next big thing.
- Turly Humphreys, Founder of London-based social enterprise Circle Sports, which offers Neets employment training.
- Dr Mark Lowdell, director of the Centre for Cell Gene and Tissue Therapeutics, and consultant immunologist at the Royal Free Hospital.
- Barry Mapp, life explorer and professional development coach.
- Chris Sheldrick, founder of what3words, a global grid that streamlines addressing systems.
Tickets are limited. Go to http://www.tedxcanarywharf.com/ for details.