An Isle of Dogs man who filmed himself sexual assaulting a 13-year-old boy has been jailed.
Federico Traversa, 31, met his victim online and invited him to his Galleons View home on Tuesday, March 2.
Upon arrival, the victim told Traversa he was 14. They went into the bedroom where Traversa showed the boy videos of young children performing sex acts.
They then engaged in sexual activity, which Traversa secretly filmed, before the boy pretended to receive a phone call from his mother and left.
They continued to speak via social media and he sent the victim the video he had made of them and indecent images of young children.
The crime was discovered when the victim lent his mobile to his sister and she saw the video.
Police arrested Traversa on Friday, April 15 and when questioned he claimed the acts had been consensual and the victim had said he was 16.
At Snaresbrook Crown Court he pleaded guilty to sexual activity with a child, causing a child to watch a sexual act, taking indecent photographs of a child, possession of indecent images of a child and possession of indecent moving images of a child.
He was sentenced on Thursday, August 11 to four years and eight months behind bars.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Jonny Newell, from the Met’s sexual offences, exploitation and child abuse command, said: “Traversa claimed the victim was above the age of consent but the boy told him he was 14; that didn’t stop Traversa from engaging in sexual activity.
“The evidence later recovered demonstrated Traversa’s sexual interest in children and I am pleased he has brought before the courts.”
Follow The Wharf on Twitter @the_wharf
Keep up to date with all our articles on Facebook