Big Easy Bar.B.Q and Crabshack has opened in Crossrail Place. Let me here a woohoo.
This American chain may be known for its lobster and BBQ, but it will also serve up afternoon tea with European and American cakes, cocktails and weekend brunch - with a USA twist.
We went along on opening day and this is what we found:
- There is plenty of room with a 400-cover restaurant, 150-cover outdoor terrace, a 26-seater private room (with a private terrace and a Captain Jack Sparrow vibe).
- There is an 18 metre wraparound bar split into The Main Whiskey And Beer Bar and The Rum Bar And Lounge Cocktail Bar selling rare whiskies and rums.
- At the venue you can choose from more than 500 whiskies, more than 100 rums (one particular rum is £90 a shot) signature slushie cocktails, and giant cocktails served in ceramic pineapples or treasure chests.
Pit Master Jared Male - ex Hill Country BBQ, NYC - is in charge of the meat
There will be live Blues music seven nights a week.
Afternoon tea and breakfast options will be exclusive to the Canary Wharf Big Easy.
- There will be a daily grab and go selection that will include juices from CPRESS, lobster rolls, pulled pork sandwiches, American candy and salads.
- You can feel like a lobster yourself in one of the al fresco lobster pot seats.
- They have the world’s most expensive cocktail shaking machine - one of only 10 in the world created from an original 19 century etching.
An Imbibe Louis Roederer award-winning wine list.