Make sure you plan ahead if you’re travelling this festive season.
See our at-a-glance guide below, using information from Transport for London .
- Tube: There will be a normal service on most of the Tube until 8pm, after which there will be fewer trains. The Waterloo and City line will close around 11.15pm.
- Boats: The Woolwich Ferry will run a normal service. MBNA Thames Clippers will run a normal weekday service on the RB1 and RB4 with some changes. There will be no service on RB2 and a reduced service on RB6.
- DLR: The DLR will run a Saturday service with some changes. From 10pm fewer trains will run, with the last trains at 10.45pm.
- London Overground: There will be fewer trains than normal after 9pm.
- Tubes, trains, DLR, boat services and buses will not be running today. See our alternative ways to travel around London below.
- Tube: Sunday service.
- Boats: No service on the Woolwich Ferry or the MBNA Thames Clippers.
- DLR: Trains will run approximately every 10 minutes
- London Overground: No service
Sunday, December 27
- Tube: Normal Sunday service
- Boats: Normal Sunday service on the Woolwich Ferry and on the MBNA Thames Clippers' RB1 and RB4 but there will be a reduced service on the RB2 and no service on the RB6.
- DLR: Normal Sunday service.
- London Overground: It will run a Saturday-frequency service, but some train times may change.
Monday, December 28 - Bank Holiday Monday
- Tube: Mainly a Saturday service, with some changes.
- Boats: The Woolwich Ferry will run a one-ferry service between 6.10am to 8pm. The MBNA Thames Clippers will run a normal weekend service on the RB1, a Sunday service on the RB4, no service on the RB6 and a reduced service on the RB2.
- DLR: Saturday service.
- London Overground : Saturday-frequency service with some changes.
Tuesday, December 29 and Wednesday, December 30
- Tube and London Overground: A normal Saturday service.
- Boats: The Woolwich Ferry and MBNA Thames Clippers will run a normal service except the RB1 will not include the 9.04am Greenland to Canary Wharf service.
- DLR: A normal weekday service.
Thursday, December 31, New Year’s Eve
* There will be free travel on buses, Tube, tram, DLR, TfL Rail and London Overground between 11.45pm and 4.30am *
- Tube and London Overground: Normal Saturday service.
- Boats: The Woolwich Ferry will run a normal service but there are a number of changes to the MBNA Thames Clippers . See more details here .
- DLR: Normal service until 12.30am.
Friday, January 1, New Year's Day
- Tube, London Overground and DLR: Saturday service (except the DLR will run every 15 minutes up until 10am)
- Boats: The Woolwich Ferry will run a one-ferry service (at normal service times). The MBNA Thames Clippers will run a normal weekend service on the RB1, reduced one on the RB2 and then a Sunday service on the RB4.
Saturday, January 2 and Sunday, January 3
- All will run a normal weekend service
Alternative ways to get around:
- Cycle: Santander Cycles will be available all day. Follow @SantanderCycles for real-time information.
- Walk: Google Maps UK can offer the best advice for walking from place to place. You can also find a handy map that shows how many calories you would burn walking between each Tube stop.
- Taxi: Uber and Black Cabs will be available throughout the day and night but there’s an extra charge of £4 for taxi (black cab) journeys made between 8pm on Thursday 24 December and 6am on Sunday, December 27
Useful Twitter accounts for real-time information: