There will be travel restrictions on the Woolwich Ferry until late summer while upgrade work is carried out.
The loading bridges were built to the standards and requirements of the 1960s and analysis has found that they require strengthening for more modern, heavier vehicles.
Throughout June and July boarding and alighting the ferries will take longer than normal and, on the following days the service will be suspended:
- Monday, June 29; 10.45am to 1.45pm
- Tuesday, June 29; from 11.30am to 2.30pm
- Wednesday, July 1; from 12.30pm to 3.30pm
- Thursday, July 2; from 1.15pm to 4pm
- Friday, July 3; from 2pm to 5pm
- Saturday, July 4, from 2.45 to 5.45pm
- Sunday, July 5; from the last crossing at 3.15pm
- Monday, July 6; service will begin at 6.50am and will be closed from 4pm to 7pm
Get the latest traffic information by following@TFLTrafficNews on Twitter.