That time of year when you have to buy a random workmate a present and attempt to fulfil your boss’ Christmas wish is here.
Buying gifts for Secret Santa or your manager can be a minefield as you try to avoid embarrassment, under spending or a cultural faux pas.
Canary Wharf shops have a wealth of items to choose from in addition to online shopping and we have picked out some of the best to help make your festive shopping a breeze.
1) Ever slaved over a hot kettle to make your busy colleague a hot drink only to watch it go cold on their desk? The Hot Disk (£11.99) plugs into any computer’s USB port and keeps beverages at a toasty 50C/122F. Available in a retro floppy disc or vinyl record design (coo-el).
2) Treat your favourite work buddy with Godiva’s Christmas Gift Truffle Box 6pcs (£12). The half dozen chocolates include a Venezuelan milk chocolate mousse, butter cream in a dark chocolate shell and gourmet sea salt with Guérande coated in dark chocolate. Available from Godiva in Jubilee Place.
3) The shimmering exterior of the Nude Skincare Liquid Gold Christmas Bauble (£15) conceals Progenius Rescue Oil (10ml) which aims to perfect and brighten the complexion ready for all those festive party photographs. Available form SpaceNK in Cabot Place.
4) For the colleague you love to torture try Jimini’s edible insect flavoured appetisers. The protein-packed Greek Spices Grasshoppers (£6.70) are seasoned with oregano, tomato, pepper and paprika and are eco-friendly alternative to traditional livestock. Available from Planet Organic in Aldgate or online.
5) Carluccio’s has well and truly banished the days of receiving a sticky squidged orange as a present. It’s Clemente in Camicia (£12.95) features whole orange segments protected in a double coating of chocolate. Available from Carluccio’s in Reuters Plaza.
6) OK so this one is only available online but The Heart Handbag Light (now £4.95) is too nifty to ignore. The device can be popped in any bag and automatically illuminates when it is opened meaning no more watching your workmate rummage around for keys or their security pass in a cavernous bag. Available from appliancesdirect.co.uk
FOR THE BOSS
7) Sophistication exudes from Carluccio’s Panettone alla Crema di Prosecco (£19.95). Inside the crisp packaging is twist on the classic Italian sweet bread, which has been filled with a prosecco flavoured custard. New for this festive season it is available from Carluccio’s in Reuters Plaza.
8) To smooth out those worry lines, choose the luxury Eve Lom Award Winners gift set (£40). It includes a muslin cloth, 50ml of her cleanser described by Vogue as “probably the best in the world’ and 25ml of her multi-award winning rescue mask. Available from SpaceNK in Cabot Place.
6) Help your commander in chief escape the stresses and strains of the office with the Trust EXOS 3D VR Headset (now £24.99). Used with a smartphone it will allow them to watch 3D and 360-degree videos and access more than 100 VR compatible games and an ever growing number of apps. Available from Maplin in Cabot Place.
Follow The Wharf on Twitter @the_wharf
Keep up to date with all our articles on Facebook