This November join in the Movember campaign in a slightly more beneficial way than sporting unkempt facial fuzz for a whole month.
Instead, take part in the Move campaign (backed by the Movember Foundation) and commit to doing some sort of physical activity each day through November while raising funds.
Even though the Movember Foundation will always be all about the moustache, this is a little more of an inclusive way for women and men to get involved.
The Movember Foundation aims to help men live happier, healthier, longer lives and invests in four key areas: prostate cancer, testicular cancer, poor mental health and physical inactivity.
Move every day in Movember – 30 moves in 30 days. How you move each day is up to you - no move is too big or small.
This is all because moving on a regular basis can reduce your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer by up to 50% and lower your risk of early death by up to 30%. It’s also one of the best ways to stay mentally healthy and one of the best treatments for mild to moderate depression.
Sign up at Movember.com and see our 30 suggestions for ways to be active around Canary Wharf below:
- Swim at Tiller Leisure Centre in Crossharbour
- Run with the Asics running club
- Go for an arty walk on th estate where you will find one of the largest collections of outdoor art in the UK
- Jog along the river
- Take the stairs instead of the lift (yes, even if you work on the 40th floor)
- Go on a bar crawl (slightly negated by the alcohol consumed though maybe)
- Take a foodie tour - We have plenty of places to choose from
- Join the gym - Again, plenty of places to choose from
- Hire one of the Santander Cycles
- Ice Skating at Ice Rink Canary Wharf
- Learn to tango at Crossrail Place
- Dance on a bike with Psycle (between Monday, November 9 and Friday, November 13 the team at Crossrail Place are offering free sessions (6.30am or 7am starts though).
- Dance at Boisdale with P.J. PROBY on Saturday November 28
- Take to the water with the Docklands Sailing and Watersports Club
- Take a stroll to Greenwich through the Foot Tunnel
- Parkor - you can do this anywhere and it’s a great way to exercise
- Get hot and sweaty with Bikram on South Quay
- Shop in the annual Canary Wharf Winter Fashion event on Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27
- Play a spot of golf at The Golf Lab
- Work out with any left over pumpkins from Halloween
- Run about with Runners Need
- Get a free workout at Sweaty Betty in Cabot Place Mall or Jubilee Place Mall
- Strut it out in your heels
- Do a spot of Tai Chi
- Cycle to and from work
- Get involved with iHuman Fitness in Canary Wharf Tube station
- Workout in Jubilee Gardens
- Keep an eye out for more classes form the Protein Haus Boxing Bootcamp
- Exercise at your desk
- Walk to work