Tube strike off after successful talks
Unions have suspended this week's industrial action on the Tube network following talks with London Underground bosses.
TSSA announced it was calling off the 48-hour walk-out, which was due to begin on Tuesday night, at around midday before the RMT released its statement at 1pm.
RMT General Secretary Bob Crow said an agreement was made to halt the implementation of the job cuts programme.
Around 950 roles are to go in LU bosses plans, which also include closing all ticket offices.
Mr Crow said: "We now have a golden opportunity to look again in detail at all of the concerns we have raised about the impact of the cuts on our members and the services that they provide to Londoners. That is exactly what we have been calling for throughout this dispute.
"RMT is happy to discuss any issues with LU through the machinery of negotiation and we are glad that we have now got back to where we should have been right at the start of this process."
This week's strike were due to mirror those held last week which brought London to a standstill and heavily disrupted connections across the capital.
London Mayor Boris Johnson added: Boris: "Transport for London's negotiators have been ready since November to discuss the detail around ticket office closures and wider modernisation of the tube. It's welcome news that the unions appear to recognise that, and will return to full and substantive discussions with TfL between now and the end of the consultation period in early April.
"Modernisation is essential if we are to properly serve the millions of Londoners who rely on the tube every day, and who expect a bigger, better service that offers value for money whilst protecting future investment."