Talks to prevent a second 48-hour Tube strike

By Rob Virtue on February 10, 2014 1:51 PM |

00jul17transport1.JPG

Hopes of thwarting more woe for commuters through a second two-day Tube strike were hanging in the balance.

Union officials and London Underground management resumed talks on Monday in a bid to stop the industrial action beginning at 9pm on Tuesday.

East Londoners were particularly badly hit in last week's strike with Jubilee line trains running between every 10 and 15 minutes at peak times and the Central line not running at all between Leytonstone and White City.

Transport for London's contingency plans for Tuesday's proposed action has yet to be revealed.

Talks began on Friday to avert a strike and resumed on Monday.

Speaking to BBC London, RMT leader Bob Crow said: "The strike is on Tuesday night unless the company move their position."

The action is over proposed closures of ticket offices at Tube stations, which will see 950 jobs go. TfL said all there will be no compulsory redundancies.

Leave a comment


Type the characters you see in the picture above.

The Wharf The Wharf

Read The Wharf's

E-Editions