Data blog: How house prices in London rose compared to the rest of the country
UK house prices rose 5.5% in the year to December 2012 - with London showing more than double the average at 12.3%. The south east saw a 3.8% rise.
Break down the figures in our graphics below
• UK house prices increased by 5.5% in December 2013 compared with a year earlier, up from 5.4% in November 2013.
• The average UK house price reached £250,000 in December 2013.
• House prices grew by 5.7% in England, 4.8% in Wales, 0.5% in Scotland and 4.8% in Northern Ireland.
• Wales saw the strongest yearly growth in 2013 outside of London
• Scotland saw the weakest yearly growth in 2013
• House price growth is beginning to increase strongly across parts of the UK, with prices in London increasing at more than double the UK average.
• All regions saw prices going up
• Annual house price increases in England were driven by rises in London (12.3%), the East (4.6%) and the West Midlands (4.3%).